Saturday, August 21, 2010

Shinedown

The past few days, I've been listening to a LOT of Shinedown. Idky. But I LOVE them!! I have their 3 albums, Leave A Whisper, Us and Them and The Sound of Madness. My favorite album is Leave A Whisper hands down. It's a very good album! My favorite song from that album, besides 45, is Burning Bright and I LOVE their rendition of Simple Man. Very good. ♥
Also, a VERY GOOD, very SAD song from their album The Sound of Madness is Call Me. :'( Makes me cry almost everytime I hear it.

Below are lyrics to TWO of their songs (Both from Us and Them) and a music video or two. :) Enjoy! ♥♥♥


Whisper in the yard and turn the trees all into toys. Lay there on the ground and turn the dirt into your joy. From what I see and what I know, it's all been boring lately. So I suggest we trade a question mark in for a maybe. Time your riddles right and make a point that has no sense. Make sure that you're smiling and the money's been well spent. Innocence and ignorance it all goes hand in hand. I'm not sure that I'm right, but I hope you'll understand. I hope that you're still searching for the start that has no end and all the plastic people have now become your friends. Before you start to drift and your soul begins to scream, I just wanted to tell you that you're listening to a dream.

--The Dream (recited by Olivia Battaglia)



Once I had a halo but then it caught on fire. Once I knew a good man but he turned into a liar. Once I saw a blind man still looking for his eyes. Once I met a bastard who watched his father die. And now I'll tell ya how I know them all; I'm looking down on the atmosphere. I took my number and I waited in line. I'm not frail from the exposure; I'm taking pictures with my mind. Once I met a leader born from genocide. Once I knew a preacher to his faith he said goodbye. Once I met a good girl who shows her face no more. It's hard to learn your lesson when you've become the whole world's whore. And this is how I know them all; looking down on the atmosphere, looking down on the atmosphere. I took my number and I waited in line.
--Atmosphere



VIDEOS!! :

45


Burning Bright


Call Me


Shed Some Light


Simple Man


Lady So Devine


The Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment