Saturday, October 2, 2010

Song!

I know, I'm a day late. But whatever. Today's song isn't gonna be just one; it's gonna be 3. :)

All 3 songs come from the movie Cold Mountain. It's one of my favorite movies. I like the pretty music, the beautiful scenery and the wonderful acting. And Renee Zellwenger won Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. :)

The 3 songs are The Scarlet Tide, You Will Be My Ain True Love and I'm Coming Home.
The Scarlet Tide plays during the credits. It, as well as You Are My Ain True Love, are sung by Country singer Alison Krauss. The Scarlet Tide was nominated for Academy Award for Best Original Song. But it lost. :(
You Will Be My Ain True Love is playing during the battle scene. (btw: Ain basicly means Own. You are my own true love)
I'm Coming Home is sung by the townfolk near the beginning of the movie when they find out that they're going to war. I like the way it's sung. It's very pretty.

Without further aideu, here are the 3 songs. ♥








(here are the lyrics for I'm Going Home)
Farewell, vain world! I'm going home! My savior smiles and bids me come, And I don't care to stay here long! Sweet angels beckon me away, To sing God's praise in endless day, And I don't care to stay here long! Right up yonder, Christians, away up yonder, O, yes my Lord, for I don't care to stay here long. I'm glad that I am born to die, From grief and woe my soul shall fly, And I don't care to stay here long! Bright angels shall convey me home, Away to New Jerusalem, And I don't care to stay here long. Right up yonder, Christians, away up yonder, O, yes my Lord, for I don't care to stay here long. Right up yonder, Christians, away up yonder, O, yes my Lord, for I don't care to stay here long

No comments:

Post a Comment