Friday, June 11, 2010

Advice for Metallica

Yes, you read it right. This is advice for Metallica. =] They are my most FAVORITE band of all time! And recently, well, they just suck ass. I appreciated that they tried going back to their roots for Death Magnetic, but in the end, it was a bit of a failure. Below are the names of each member and what, I believe, they need to improve on. =]
And for some reason, I'm gonna type it as if I'm talking to them. I don't know why, it's just easier for me.


James -
Seriously, You need to go back to a vocal teacher and redo your vocals. They're just plain awful. You need to have them be completely torn down and then rebuilt. Personally, I believe it's because of your vocal range that the band, in a sense, is actually being held back. Because you only have a certain range that you can do. Taking voice lessons and completely redoing your vocals will, hopefully, fix that. Allowing you to have a higher vocal range. Trust me, you need it.
This next one isn't really about the music, but still, it must be heard. I believe that you should go back to the GYM!! I understand that you're a little older in life and things aren't where they're supposed to be, but come on. The gym is necessary. I miss seeing the abs that you had back in the '90s when you take your shirt off. You're still hot and everything, but being in shape will be a huge plus factor. =]

Lars -
To be honest: YOU SUCK as a drummer!!!! But, in order to make yourself better and the music better, I believe that you should just COMPLETELY go back to your '80s drum kit. All 9 drums and that snare included. Cuz, let's be honest, the snare you have now SUCKS! It doesn't sound all that nice to the ears. It IS, of course, MUCH better than the snare you used for St. Anger, but it still sucks. I believe you once said in an interview that you went from a 9pc drum kit to a 7pc drum kit because of "precision" drumming. Now, I'm not a musician or someone well educated in the world of music, but I'm pretty sure that "precision" drumming doesn't dictate how many drums you have. Precision is the quality of drumming. By downsizing your kit, I believe that you coped out. Instead of learning how to play better, you took the easy way out and got rid of 2 drums.

Kirk -
To be honest, I don't believe that you should really work on anything. I mean, you're still the top guitarist that you were back in the 80s & 90s. I love how you took guitar lessons and, in a way, humbled yourself. You did, in fact, make yourself a little better because you learned different styles. I think that's really cool and I commend you for doing it. ♥
Though, however, because you do backing vocals during live concerts, I believe that you should do a little bit of voice lessons. Just to get the vocals to some sort of nice sounding. Mind you, you don't have to sound Opera or anything like that, just something that's nice to the ears.

Rob -
You're the same as Kirk; I don't believe that you really need to work on anything. I love the fact that you are reminiscent of Cliff. I believe that the bass was a huge factor missing in Metallica all those years. It was never the same sound after Cliff passed. I love how you remind us of Cliff because of your playing. I thank you for it. But just to make your playing just a little bit better, I think that you should use the Wah-Wah Pedal more often. I know you can do a great job at it.
Also, it's the same thing on vocals as it was on Kirk. If you're gonna be singing back vocals in concert, a few voice lessons would be good. Again, you don't have to sing Opera, just something that's nice to the ears. ^^




But yes. Above is what I believe that the individual members should work on. Now, of course, this is just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own opinion and might say something different. But it would be AMAZING if they just went COMPLETELY back to the 80s and started doing what they became famous for; mind-blowing guitar solos, bass solos, and just wicked sounding double bass drum action. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment