Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mother's Baby Shower

So, Saturday was my mother's baby shower. There were a LOT of laughs to be had. The funniest one that comes to mind was when someone was looking up baby names. She looked up Ls, Us, and Ys. (one of the L names was Lars. I laughed [Lars Ulrich]. Then a U name was Ulrich. Also laughed my ass off & thought of Lars Ulrich [Metallica]) The funniest one was a U name; Usama. Her husband thought it funny too.
I'm going to be paraphrasing a little bit because my dumb brain can't remember every single detail/word said, but I'll do my best. Here's what was said

Chick: What about Usama?
Husband: I like that. Usama Bin. Wouldn't that be sick if he was born in September??! *laughs* I'm shooting for January.
Chick: *looks around like "Wtf"* o.O
Me: That doesn't make much sense. I mean, if the baby was to be born in September, he'd be concieved more around in December, not January.
Chick: I was thinking that too! But let him think differently.
Husband: There's always inducing her!


Their gifts were hilarious too!!! They bought Lisa and Leo 3 gag gifts; a recorder (Music maker), a pair of handcuffs (Which is weird cuz they went to Baby 'R Us. Ytf are Handcuffs in Baby 'R Us??!), and marbles (Choking hazard). Besides the gag gifts, they bought her a pack of recieving blankets.. and something else. Can't remember.


It was also like a bbq. There was a joke regarding that as well!! Here's that joke:

Mayhone: I'm only here for the BBQ! In a way, it's like a Baby BBQ.
*Leo walks in w/ ribs*
Mayhone: Hey Leo, what kind of babies are you cooking out there?!



I like these people. =]
OMG! The cake that a guest brought was SOOOOOOOOO good!! ♥ Cuz instead of icing in the middle of the cake, she ordered one with Buttercream instead! SOO GOOD!! Best. Cake. EVER! It was Vanilla & Chocolate swirl. Mmm.. ♥ ^^
All in all, the shower was a big success. There were LOTS of laughs (and some points of boredom[we watched Resident Evil:Extinction, The Chronicles of Riddick and I Am Legend. Near the end, Eurotrip.] Near the beginning, about an hr after it started, I played Left 4 Dead 2 for about 1.5hrs)
It was fun, and I can't wait for baby Tristan to get here. ♥



P.S. Lisa REALLY liked what I got her; a bottle starter kit w/ 5 bottles, a pacifer and a bottle washer and a Winnie the Pooh tote set which included 2 recieving blankets, a bib, a diaper chaning mat and the Tote bag. =] It was CUTE! ♥ (their baby theme is Pooh. -_- So typical)

No comments:

Post a Comment