Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Celtic Music

I LOVE Celtic Folk music. It's sooo amazing! It makes me wanna dance and it's just so pretty. While at Walmart, I listened to the samples for the Celtic album. It's called Celtic Wonder. It's soo pretty. The first song I heard was one called The Maid That Sold Her Barley.

The Maid That Sold Her Barley is about a boy who meets a farmers daughter. The girl's father tells him that she's to be married off at the market the next day and to be there if he wants her. He goes there the next day but is too late; She's already been sold. It's told from the Boy's perspective.


The second song is called Dúlamán. It's in Gaelic, so I don't know what they're saying. But I know that Dúlamán means Seaweed in Gaelic. You can find the translations online. It's a very pretty song and adds to the Celtic Folk specialness about it. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment