Saturday, January 23, 2010

Story Idea

I recently got the idea of writing a story. I got the idea while looking up the history of Finland. =] Now, mind you, Finland did not become an Independent country until January 4, 1918. So, not so long ago; only 92 years. So Finland is still pretty much, in political terms (I guess), a baby.

The story is based upon King Charles XIII and Queen Hedwig Elizabeth Charlotte of Holstein-Gottorp. At the time that King Charles reigned, Finland was still a part of Sweden.
I took the liberty to change the place, from Sweden to Finland (actual Finland).
Also, the names will be changed as well. They'll be King Jukka Kyösti and Queen Kirsi Eveliina. I was thinking of a last name, but Kings and Queens didn't really have last names back then. Before they're married, her last name will be Hämeenniemi; his name, and subsequently hers, will be Jääskeläinen.

King Charles and Queen Hedwig never slept together. Indeed the only time(s) they did was to produce an heir. They had 2 children, but both died at infancy. Both of them had many lovers. Technically, there's no real english word for "male mistress". But in 18th and 19th century Venice, the term Cicisbeo was used to describe a man who was the professed gallant and lover of a married woman. Queen Hedwig was allegedly Bisexual and had affairs with both men and women. I'm going to use this in my story. The King will have 2 mistresses and the Queen will have 3 or 4 lovers; 2 male and 1 or 2 female. I plan to write that one of her lovers is the sibling of one of the Kings' mistresses.

This is my story plot so far. I will write about it more when I have begun to write the story. I will keep you posted on how the story is going.

1 comment:

  1. ah, you know - one of the alleged lovers of queen Hedwig Elizabeth Charlotte (all of her names were used), Axel von Fersen, was in fact the cousin of Charle's mistress Augusta von Fersen - and one of the queen's alleged female lovers, Sophie von Fersen-Piper, was in fact the sister of her lover Axel ;)

    /Swedish girl

    ReplyDelete