Wednesday, January 20, 2010

RAIN! & Kittens

It's raining!! Woo!! It's been raining the past 2 days and it's gonna keep raining untill Friday. Then it'll be sunny, but cold. On Friday, it's gonna rain again. Woo! I LOVE the rain. Living in the desert, you don't get much rain. So for it to be raining about 4 or 5 days in a row and all days kinda heavy rain, it's awesome! And I love it.

I was born and raised in Cali, so it always rained between the months of September/October through about April. Living in the desert sucks. I didn't even want to move here either! I LOVE the rain. It's calming and it's pretty. My favorite smell in the ENTIRE world is the smell after it rains.(second is Roses) The smell of wet dirt/pavement the moisture in the air. To me it smells awesome.

I don't think the cats like the rain though. Especially Mama kitty. She wants to go outside, but won't cuz of the rain. So now she has to stay inside until it stops raining. Cuz she's an outside cat, I don't think she likes being inside very much. But she'll have to like it when she gives birth. She's due no later than 4 or 5 weeks. Judging by how big she is, I'd say she'll have em in the next 3 or 4 weeks. I think she's pregnant with about 2 or 4 babies too. So she'll have about the same sized litter as last time. Last time she had 4 kittens; 3 boys and 1 girl. I kept the girl; Pumpkin. I named her Pumpkin cuz she was the only one in the litter to have a LOT more orange than the rest of em do. Her eyes are a golden color with green near the iris too. It's soo pretty!!

Mama and her last litter. Pumpkin's the one who's laying on her back. ..Her spotted tummy.

Pumpkin when she was about 8-10 weeks old. Now she's a little over 3 months. And a playful little thing too. She's adorable though and I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment